Items to be recycled:
- Glass - Bottles and jars only rinse clean - Green, Clear and Brown
- Aluminum - Cans only - rinse clean
- Tin & Steel Cans - Food Cans only rinse clean. There is a large container for larger steel items.
- Plastic - Milk, Soda, and Detergent Bottles, other bottles marked #1-7 PETE or HDPE
- Paper - Newspaper, Magazines, Office Paper and Cardboard only
- Mattress recycling - Check out Tuck Sleep Foundation website to learn how to recycle your used mattress. https://www.tuck.com/mattress-disposal/
Items that can not be recycled:
- Glass - Window, Mirror, Light Bulbs and Tubes, Pyres and Dishes, Drinking Glasses, Chemical Bottles, Medical Containers, Laboratory Glass,
- Aluminum - Foil and Bottle Caps,
- Tine & Steel Cans - Cardboard Sides Juice Cans, Aerosol Cans, Paint Cans
- Plastic - Styrofoam, Plastic Cups and Film, Hard Plastic (toys, pails, etc.) Medicine Bottles and Syringes
- Paper - Bathroom Waste Paper (towels, toilet paper), Wrapping paper, Carbon Paper, Cellophane, Cloth, Cork, Foil, Polystyrene Styrofoam, anything waxed, Candy Wrappers, Napkins, Paper Cups, Styrofoam Cups, Styrofoam or Paper Food Containers, Photographsm Fiberboard, Labels and Label Backings.
All other non-recyclable material shall be placed in the trash container located at the Town Hall.